Seven Reasons I Love Being A DJ
Saying I love DJing is an understatement. Here are seven reasons I love it so much.
1. I’m a night person. Most gigs happen in the evening. If being a DJ was mostly a morning thing, I would probably hate it. I’m usually cranky and easily annoyed during the mornings.
2. Free booze. Well, most of the time you get free booze. I’m mostly a Bud Light drinker. As I drink that cheap booze, I really won’t be breaking the bar or lounge.
3. I love music. Even before I got into DJing, I’ve always collected music. I’ve always bought and read music magazines too, magazines like Rolling Stone and The Source.
4. Young ladies half your age hit on you. Okay, this only happened once, and she was cute too. When I’m talking half my age, realize I’m a dude in his mid-forties. Nothing happened. In all reality, I prefer women who are at least thirty. Yet, a young lady half my age hitting on me does boost the ego.
5. Gives me blogging material. Some folks enjoy my blogs involving people’s stupid behavior towards the DJ.
6. The friends. I’ve met some wonderful people through DJing. Some turned into good friends.
7. The fun. I ain’t going to change the world of DJing. I have no plans or intentions to. I’m mostly in it for the fun. To quote Morris Day from the movie Purple Rain, “I wanna see asses wiggling and titties jiggling.”
Also, I’m not one of those music snobs who always badmouths commercial music. A person may request the most stupidest song in the world, Yet, if it gets people dancing. I’m playing it. Popped a molly! I’m sweating!
If you’re a DJ, tell us why you love DJing in the comments section.DJ Culture, Lists comment below, or link to this permanent URL from your own site.